Saturday, July 10, 2010

I had a dream...

Last night I had a dream. I saw my sweet baby's face.
I am ready to see this child in real life, in the flesh.
To hold them close to my heart and feel two hearts beating.
I feel anxious about the next step. The wait for a court date after our referral.
My heart breaks at the thought of that wait.

This morning Davis asked me, "What happens when you have a broken heart?"
I replied, "You are really sad."
"And then what happens when your heart isn't broken anymore?"
"You aren't sad anymore."

It sounded so simplistic, but she's 3. And some of it was true. Our hearts were broken into a million pieces before Davis was born. And when she arrived she was the magic glue that put those pieces back together. There will always be a bit of "sad" in there. Missing Tess and Oliver.

Our next baby, when he/she arrives will be a new magic glue. I also expect there to be a bit of "sad" in there. Sad for the circumstances, the beginning of the story. But the bigger picture, the day to day, I expect to be filled with Love and Happiness. I hope I will be enough for this baby and they will feel it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment