Monday, July 5, 2010

The day off.





Gladney is closed today for the July 4th holiday. Even though it's a Monday, we do not expect our referral today. We don't have to go to work either, it's a double-day-off!


Our July 4th weekend upstate was fun. Lots of sun, swimming, good food, good drink and great friends. I gave Davis her first haircut. Yes, she's almost 4 and this was her first haircut. Little lady didn't really have ANY hair until she was 2 and she had some catching up to do. We made it home to see the NYC fireworks from our rooftop. Davis unfortunately was fast asleep. She started a 2 week camp today so she needed to get a good night rest. We dropped her off this morning, she is going to have a blast. I'm so excited because there is a family in our hood that recently adopted two girls from Ethiopia age 3 and 5 and I've had several people tell me about them. So far no one has actually had contact info, but this morning I noticed this beautiful little one about 5yrs old and I asked if her mother's name was A and it is! YAY! Hopefully at pick-up time I will get to meet her. Cool.

I'm off to finish sewing the curtains and not wait for the phone to ring.
Stay cool everyone. It's gonna be a hot one today!

No comments:

Post a Comment