Friday, March 25, 2011

NOW the fun begins!

Ok so maaaaaaaybe I spoke too quickly.

Don't get me wrong, Bek is awesome. But man who knew that BOYS were so, so, so BUSY? Ok all you boy mamas knew, and yeahyeahyeah I know I've heard you kindofsortof mention it here and there. But I guess until you have one that is yours to keep alive, you. just. can't. know.

Last night 7pm was the happiest of happy hours. Bek was fast asleep and my body and mind could melt into the couch. I went to bed at 9:30 and it took me .05 seconds to fall asleep.

We thought we pretty much had this place "baby proofed" you know, all the outlets are covered, there's nothing sharp or heavy or breakable sitting out within reach of a baby...a baby GIRL that is. Because holy cow this boy is fast and smart and has the arm-reach of Michael Jordan.

So far Bekalu has:
Started walking for realz. I suspect he will be running by next week if not sooner.

Mastered the stairs and mastered getting around whatever roadblock I can devise to deter him from said stairs. That includes climbing and stacking things to climb and/or un-stacking things to make it to the finish line.

He has found every single piece of anything that you would not like your child to put in his mouth, and well, put it in his mouth. Luckily for us, he likes to play with his "treats" moving them from his lip back to his tongue and laughing hysterically while doing so. So though you must be quick, it is possible to grab it from him. Also luckily for us, and before anyone reports me to CPS, most of these "treats" have been made of paper.

He thinks the word NO means laugh. Hard.

Me, "DO you smell gas in here?"
Rolyn, "ummmm..."
Me, "Yes, Yes you do."
He has found the knobs on the stove and turned on the gas. What? HOW? He's not that tall. Plus Davis never ever did that. (mental note, order that stove top safety guard thing you always thought was overkill on the baby-safe items. edited to add: this task is now complete)

Even with the exhaustion of chasing after this little guy we are in heaven. He is awesome. He's laughing like crazy and has one laugh that is a cross between a purr and a giggle. His smile can light up a room in an instant. So far, I hesitate to type this, but he's sleeping at night. We've had one all the way through and two nights where it was just up for a diaper change. Wow. Go Bek. I've done much better with sleep and getting back on "NYC time" on this return than I did from our court trip...but I think maybe falling into bed at night completely spent has helped that just a bit.

Speaking of sleep, my bed is calling my name.

2 comments:

  1. Love reading this update! So very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember that exhaustion from our first weeks home! And yes, boys are busy!

    ReplyDelete