Friday, March 11, 2011

Cleared for take off.

We just got word we are confirmed for our U.S. Embassy appointment on Wednesday, March 16. YES, you read that correctly. We leave Sunday night. What have I been doing the past 12 weeks since our court date? ummmmmm, apparently not enough. So much to do. But I cannot even describe the joy and excitement.

Tuesday we received word the embassy had requested another letter on our case. I was gutted and resigned to the fact that Bekalu would be without us for his first birthday on the 17th. Now not only will we be WITH him, but we will be over our embassy interview and ready to come home and start our lives as a family of four.

Over. The. Moon.

I had hoped to offer to take packages for waiting families, but doesn't seem like there is time. But if you want us to visit you child, send us an email at heatherandrolyn at gmail dot com with name, foster center number and maybe a photo.

9 comments:

  1. Do you get to bring Bek home immediately? I could not be more thrilled and excited for you, Rolyn and Big Sister Davis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I GOT GOOOSEBUMPS AS I READ YOUR POST! So very excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a quick announcement. I'm so happy for you guys. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAYYYYYYYY
    SO HAPPY FOR YOU:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you guys! Praise God for good news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Heather. We are so thrilled that Bec will be with you on this birthday and for all to come. Blessings and safe travel for you. We'll wait for more news. Patti and Tom Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carvel cake for the first birthday? :) I am not only stalking your FB page, I've decided to come here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been thinking about you all today! I hope that Bek had a wonderful birthday and that those candles came in handy. So happy that you got to celebrate WITH him. It was great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete