Thursday, August 5, 2010

I think I might need glasses.

Yesterday as I was looking at the list for the one billionth time...
I noticed that there was indeed a referral this week! On Monday!

Dear Barrett Family,
First let me say congratulations on your new son! I hope the process goes quickly for you when courts reopen in October. Secondly, I must apologize for misreading your child preference profile, for some reason I only saw the AND sibling part....and here I've been thinking I was number 1 for a boy for the past six weeks, and number 1 for a girl for the past two weeks. DUH. Though it sure makes sense why my phone has been silent. I wish you had a blog so I could post a message to you. If you've been reading my blog and thinking "who does she think she is?!" well, that would be a totally valid thought. I'm even thinking "who do I think I am!?" I do hope you see my apology. :)
Best,
Heather

NOW....we are (un)officially number 1 for either a boy or a girl.
If you could see my face right now, you'd see it is beet red from the 'DUH! Heather!' that is rolling around in my head.

Anywho, back to the wait.

Hoping for phone calls for these two families THIS week please. They have been truly waiting at the top of the list for long enough. Unlike me who's only been there for, ahem, 2 days.

6 comments:

  1. I think it did say AND because I thought I was one step higher on the list, too! Then I saw they got a referral, counted and was like, huh???

    Good to know I am NOT blind or going nuts!

    Praying you get your referral soon!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh!! I thought the same thing so you are not alone. You are too funny to apologize. YAY for NOW being #1!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was right there with you. Hoping this week is your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We missed it, too! Yay for being #1!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes people don't update the FBI when they update Gladney, and it is a little frustrating when things get a bit messed up like that:)I know it really does matter to everyone else on the list to try to have the most accurate data possible, but that's why it's an "unofficial" list. Believe me, the same thing happened when I was waiting...

    grace
    The FBI "Keeper"

    ReplyDelete
  6. grace, we are ALL totally thankful for your list keeping skills! i know it's a big commitment and i'm sure there are moments where it's too much. the info not being updated to you the keeper...well, more than anything it just illustrates how little control any of us have in this crazy ride that is international adoption. :) i'm sorry if it came off as me saying that YOU had not updated the info, because girl, that list is updated at lightening speed when someone gets a referral or passes court! i'll say it again, every gladney family is thankful for the fbi! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete