Thursday, June 24, 2010

Feeling Blue.

So another referral yesterday. Yay! So exciting!
That means we are #2 for a boy and #6 for a girl.
Originally when we started talking about adoption, this baby in my head was a girl...but it's now looking pretty blue 'round these parts. I've started talking to Davis about this and she seems ok with a brother as long as she gets to be the BIG sister. I suppose in her head it clinches being the "line leader" forever and ever.

I would also like to record for history purposes this conversation I had with Davis on May 1.
We were visiting family in TX and driving in the car and this is the back and forth:
Davis> "Mama, I think my baby's birthday is today."
Me> "Your baby doll Ruby?"
Davis>"No Mama, MY baby in Africa. It's their birthday."
Me> "You mean they are turning one?"
Davis> "No Mama, it is the first birthday ever. I think MY baby's birthday is today."

If it turns out this baby was born on May 1, after a bit of a mama-freak-out, I will immediately have Davis select six numbers for a lotto ticket.

4 comments:

  1. Cheers to #2!!!!! Hope our phones ring soon!
    & happy birthday!!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather
    I'm feeling blue too!!! But I have had some weird dreams with a baby girl in them... So who knows;). I just can't wait to find out!!!!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo i'm so intrigued now! you never know.

    ReplyDelete